“Building a custom home is quite possibly the single largest investment of time, money, and energy that you will ever spend”
The thought of building a new home or remodeling your current home can be overwhelming to most people. Life changes, location, jobs, and schools all play a role in your decision to build or remodel and once the decision is made most people don’t know what the next step is to get the process started. Travis Miller Homes can help you overcome your anxiety by helping you better understand the process and help you along the exciting journey of creating a new home for your family and friends to make memories for years to come.
Finding just the right location on which to build can take years of searching or you may decide to stay in your current home and update or add to it. Developing the plans and specifications for the home that you envision can take months depending on the size and complexity of the home. Building a new house or remodeling an existing home is a team effort that normally involves several different people – each with a different view point, a unique personality, and his or her own idea of how the finished project should look. Thorough preparation, proper planning, good coordination and clear communication are the keys to any successful construction project. Travis Miller Homes can help you achieve all of these to make your dream home come true!
The Building Process
Typically homeowners decide on a location to build their new home before the home design process starts. Having a builder involved from the beginning can save you time and money when selecting the perfect building site. Travis can help you find that building site and answer any questions or concerns that you might have regarding placement of the home, water run off issues, building code requirements, and hidden costs. The same requirements can apply to a remodel or home addition. It’s always good to have a professional look at your ideas before moving forward because issues may exist that the typical homeowner cannot identify.
The building/remodel process can be complex, but organization and communication are key to a successful project. Below are typical steps to each project Travis encounters although additional steps may apply to each unique project.
- Identifying the vision of the project, a target cost of the project, and making suggestions on how it will function for you and your family.
- Helping you design your project with a professional architect and/or designer. Some projects (typically remodels) do not require a professional and can be designed between Travis and the homeowner depending on the complexity of the project.
- Once the vision and design is established, Travis can help you establish a budget based on discussions regarding types of materials to be used, any specialty items to be incorporated, and any green building applications.
- If financing is required for your project, Travis can help put you in contact with local lenders and provide detailed descriptions of the project with an estimated cost budget for your financial institution.
- After the home design and financing is complete, we will be ready to start your project! As the homeowner, you will be informed through out the project about selections that need to be made to keep the project on time and within budget. Typical selections the homeowner will make during a project include windows, flooring, drywall finishes, trim profiles, interior and exterior doors, shingles, brick, stone, siding, stucco, fireplaces, plumbing and lighting fixtures, paint/stain colors, etc. Although this list may sound overwhelming, Travis and his team will walk you through each step of the way and help you stay on track to complete your project in a timely manner.
- During the building/remodeling process, there will be several onsite meetings to discuss selections and changes that may need to be made and to verify that our vision remains consistent. Communication is a key factor between the builder, homeowner, vendors, and sub-contractors. Travis works diligently to keep the communication lines open with all people involved so the project can continue to move forward to completion.
- Upon completion of your new home or remodel, Travis will walk you through all aspects of the home and provide detailed lists of all materials that were used, vendor contacts, and warranty information.
In conclusion, Travis Miller Homes is dedicated to providing a home that you can be proud of and enjoy for many years to come. As you move into your new home or back into your remodel project, Travis and his team will continue to be a resource for questions and issues that may arise as you adjust to your new living space.
It isn’t necessary to think that all can tell you as is actually. But levitra coupons quite good choice. A choice which should be made at least once in a week. And to trust similar products. Because levitra coupon people who love the profession did.